Monday, September 29, 2008

L'shanah tovah!


Happy New Year to all of my readers!



The 25 of Elul is the traditional day of the beginning of Creation, as recorded in the first chapter of Genesis. While other religions start their calendar from the founding of the religion, the Jewish calendar begins with Creation. In Jewish consciousness, every nation is integral to humanity: Non-Jews were welcome to bring offerings to the Holy Temple in Jerusalem, which the prophet Isaiah referred to as the "house for all nations." Technically, the Jewish calendar does not begin until day six of Creation (Rosh Hashana), which commemorates the birth of mankind. This is because human beings are the pinnacle of Creation, enjoined to protect the world and to utilize all its resources to bring the world to its spiritual completion.

Honey and Apples for you my friends.

I wish to all of you my readers a very healthy and prosperous New Year. May the blessing of God be showered upon all.

L'shanah tovah!

3 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Happy New Year to you! very interesting about Creation!

Anonymous said...

Good to see that you don't blindly identify and agree with either side of the aisle. I usually refer to myself as "Issue Specific" when asked about politics.

A lot of people don't like you when you refuse to follow like a lemming.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Shana Tova, Also- Arev Tov.Now if I'm right about the Hebrew, I just said "Good Evening," -Amerisrael