Friday, September 5, 2008

Last Day Round Up: We Never Quit!




The True American Republican Convention is over and what a week it was. This roller coaster of emotions almost didn't get off the ground. On Monday instead of having a party and celebration, these patriotic Americans took the time to raise money and pray for those in the path of Hurricane Gustav. It was by the grace of God that Gustav wasn't the horror it was suppose to be. Although Gustav didn't do the damage that Katrina did, the Gulf Coast did suffer losses and remember to keep them in your prayers.

Wednesday night, Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin gave a wonderful speech, being the last speaker in a night filled with great speeches. She didn't hit a home run, but wasn't suppose to. She did load the bases for the winning team. She will make a great Vice President when McCain is elected in November.

Last night John Sidney McCain scored a Grand Slam Home Run! It was the speech that not only galvanized the assembled crowd, but the nation too.

Unlike the 80,000 manics who worshiped in the Temple of Obama last week in Denver, Senator John Sidney McCain spoke eloquently to the nation. He spoke accepted the party's nomination with grace and true humility, not allowing the moment to overcome him. He thanked those who he debated to get the nomination, calling them leaders of great ability who love our country and wish to lead it to better days. He thanked the President for leading us in these dark days following the worst attack in American history. And he thanked former President George H.W. and Mrs. Bush for their leadership and service to the nation.

Through out the speech I felt tears fall down my cheeks, especially when he said:
I won't let you down. I won't let you down.
He was magnaminous to Barack Hussein Obama when he said:

And, finally, a word to Senator Obama and his supporters. We'll go at it -- we'll go at it over the next two months -- you know that's the nature of this business -- and there are big differences between us. But you have my respect and my admiration.

Despite our differences, much more unites us than divides us. We are fellow Americans, and that's an association that means more to me than any other.

We're dedicated to the proposition that all people are created equal and endowed by our creator with inalienable rights. No country -- no country ever had a greater cause than that. And I wouldn't be an American worthy of the name if I didn't honor Senator Obama and his supporters for their achievement.

But let there be no doubt, my friends: We're going to win this election.

Yes we're going to win this election. Tonight we heard the first speech given by President John S. McCain. And I know it won't be his last.

And when Code Pinko, those traitors in women's clothes, tried to divert attention away from him, John came out with one of the best one liners I had ever heard:
Please, please, please. My friends, my dear friends, please. Please don't be diverted by the ground noise and the static.
No matter what those moonbats tried, they didn't succeed. Then he praised his running mate, Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska.

You know, she has an executive experience and a real record of accomplishment. She's tackled tough problems, like energy independence and corruption. She's balanced a budget, cut taxes, and she's taken on the special interests.

She's reached across the aisle and asked Republicans, Democrats, and independents to serve in her administration. She's the wonderful mother of five children.

She's -- she's helped run a small business. She's worked with her hands and knows -- and knows what it's like to worry about mortgage payments, and health care, and the cost of gasoline and groceries.

She knows where she comes from, and she knows who she works for. She stands up for what's right, and she doesn't let anyone tell her to sit down.

I'm very proud to have introduced our next vice president to the country, but I can't wait until I introduce her to Washington.

John McCain spoke about the serious problems this nation faces. And gave real solutions, not just platitudes of Hope and Change. He spoke about his childhood and how he didn't see his father for 4 long years or the death of his grandfather. He spoke with tears in his eyes of his days as a POW in Vietnam and how his faith and love of nation kept him sane and whole. And he spoke about how we must deal with the bullies and tyrants of the world. How we will remain the world's leader, the one nation other countries turn to when they are in trouble. And he spoke about his time in the Senate. The long years and battles that he has fought there.

I have that record and the scars to prove it. Senator Obama does not.
No Obama only has a speech in his pocket. Voting present does not constitute change. It only means that you are in the building.

But you judge. Instead of speaking of what is wrong with our nation, he is speaking of how to really change our nation. A call to arms in a way.

My friends, I've been an imperfect servant of my country for many years. But I've been her servant first, last, and always. And I've never...

I've never lived a day, in good times or bad, that I didn't thank God for the privilege.

I fell in love with my country when I was a prisoner in someone else's. I loved it not just for the many comforts of life here. I loved it for its decency, for its faith in the wisdom, justice, and goodness of its people.

I loved it because it was not just a place, but an idea, a cause worth fighting for. I was never the same again; I wasn't my own man anymore; I was my country's.

I'm not running for president because I think I'm blessed with such personal greatness that history has anointed me to save our country in its hour of need.

My country saved me. My country saved me, and I cannot forget it. And I will fight for her for as long as I draw breath, so help me God.

My friends, if you find faults with our country, make it a better one. If you're disappointed with the mistakes of government, join its ranks and work to correct them.

Enlist in our Armed Forces. Become a teacher. Enter the ministry. Run for public office. Feed a hungry child. Teach an -- an illiterate adult to read. Comfort the afflicted. Defend the rights of the oppressed.

Our country will be the better, and you will be the happier, because nothing brings greater happiness in life than to serve a cause greater than yourself.

I'm going to fight for my cause every day as your president. I'm going to fight to make sure every American has every reason to thank God, as I thank him, that I'm an American, a proud citizen of the greatest country on Earth. And with hard work -- with hard word, strong faith, and a little courage, great things are always within our reach.

Fight with me. Fight with me.

Fight for what's right for our country. Fight for the ideals and character of a free people.

Fight for our children's future. Fight for justice and opportunity for all.

Stand up to defend our country from its enemies. Stand up for each other, for beautiful, blessed, bountiful America.

Stand up, stand up, stand up, and fight.

Nothing is inevitable here. We're Americans, and we never give up.

We never quit.

Only once before have I heard such a call to arms. It was when John Kennedy called all to service to the nation. That call spoken in 1960 has been renewed, this time by an American Hero.

After tonight there is no stopping McCain! It was a great speech given by a great man. Here is to:

VICTORY '08


3 comments:

Faultline USA said...

Thank you for sharing some of the best parts of McCain's wonderful speech with us.

Rita Loca said...

He is a hero and a patriot, but more importantly, a man of character which has been tested.

Maggie Thornton said...

I felt much as you did, Findalis. McCain is not an orator, but he like Bush, speaks from the heart. You know the words are real.

I was very proud of the patriotism on display, and speaking from the podium this week. Other than GW, we've had very little of this for a long time now.

McCain was the perfect man to speak to what it takes to keep our country free.

Maggie