Wednesday, July 23, 2008

From G.I. in Afghanistan - "We got more thanks from the Dallas cowboy Cheerleaders" than from Senator Obama

Cross posted from Miss Beth's Victory Dance

You all know that Obama is on a "fact finding" tour right now. You would think (if you buy into Obamamania) that he would be meeting and talking with our boots on the ground; you know, the experts. Not so fast. Over at Blackfive is this:

This is from a USAF friend in Afghanistan:

Hello everyone,

As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to ' The War Zone'. I wanted to share with you what happened.

He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand, he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the Americans back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States . I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

In service,

CPT J
Bagram, Afghanistan

From Monkey in the Middle:

The average serviceman and woman knows what a phony is and when they are being set up for a photo op. Obama has gotten very good at this little game, and the men and women serving in Afghanistan and Iraq are starting to write home with the truth. Every time Barack Hussein Obama tries to connect with American Armed Forces, he shows his true color. That nice yellow streak that runs down his back. This man is not fit to be Commander-in-Chief of a Boy Scout troop, let alone of the US Military.

I pray that the nation finally wakes up and sees him for what he is. A phony with no experience and a lot of hype.


10 comments:

Rita Loca said...

This makes me angry beyond compare! ARGH! May i cross post to this in a few days?

Findalis said...

Feel free to cross post Jungle Mom and any one else.

Jordan said...

A shame this won't get to the biased media. This could show people Obama is a completely empty shell who shouldn't have made it past Iowa. How dare he not thank the troops who are the biggest reason another terrorist attack has not happened on our soil.

The Lonely Conservative said...

Great scoop, I'll link to this too. The more I see of Messiah Obama the more he makes me ill.

not a dem anymore said...

I am going to post it also..I voted for it at RCP and sent out e-mail for it to be voted on...Thank you for posting this,Thank you very much. I feel sorry for the troops who were shunned by Obama. God bless our troops.

The Lonely Conservative said...

I voted for it too, I would have voted 10 times but that just doesn't seem right.

Incognito said...

Sadly, too many are still being duped by him. Perhaps it's because they so loathe the Republican Party they will vote anything in, including Obama.

Right Truth said...

I'm still surprised the media did not search and trot out the handful of military people who would say something nice about Obama. Oh, maybe they couldn't FIND any, ha.

p.s. I voted.

Debbie Hamilton
Right Truth</a

Findalis said...

For all those who voted at RCP thank you. For those who are first time viewers to Monkey in the Middle: Welcome and I hope you will return.

It is a shame that the US military has been used for nothing more than a campaign photo op. But I take comfort in that the truth about Obama's visit to Afghanistan and Iraq is being known to all through messages like this one.

ctvoorhees said...

I'm just wondering where these "facts" came from. I've done a little bit of research concerning this letter and have found nothing to support these claims. In fact, I have found the opposite. Check here for a different look at this letter. I can't say whether this letter is true or false, but can you?